Important!!! Independent of the Operating System (32-bits/64-bits), a 32-bits Matlab version must be installed to work with RapidSTM32 Blockset.
RapidSTM32 Blockset has been tested to work with Windows XP, Windows Vista (both 32/64-bits), Windows 7 (both 32/64-bits).
- RapidSTM32 Blockset version 0.3.6.1beta or later
- Matlab 32-bits between R2009a and R2011b. RapidSTM32 Blockset does NOT work with R2012 or later. If you need to work with R2012 or later use Waijung and STM32F4 Target.
- Real-Time Workshop
- Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder
- RealView MDK for ARM version 4.13a or later (See here if you install MDK-ARM version 4.60 or later)
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or later (Currently, RapidSTM32 Blockset does NOT work for OSX or Linux.)
- Microsoft .Net Framework version 3.5 or later
Install required software
- Matlab and Simulink are used to create a graphical model of a dynamic system.
- Real-Time Workshop and Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder are used to automatically generate C code from Simulink models.
- Other Simulink Blocksets such as Stateflow (also require Stateflow coder), Simulink Fixed Point, Signal Processing Blockset may be used together with RapidSTM32 Blockset to generate code for STM32.
2. Download (free evaluation version) and install RealView Microcontroller Development Kit for ARM (MDK-ARM) version 4.13a or later.
- MDK-ARM is used to compile and debug the generated C code.
- Although the free evaluation version has 32K file size limit, this is more than enough for most applications.
4. Download (free) RapidSTM32 blockset.
- You will need to unzip the installation package using such program as 7zip, which can be downloaded free from here.
How to Install RapidSTM32 Blockset
Watch the following video on how to install RapidSTM32 Blockset.
Testing FiO board connection
Connect the target to host PC
Connect USB cable of the board to one of USB ports on your computer.
Set FiO Std in USB IAP Mode
In this mode, FiO board can be programmed via USB.
Set FiO Std in UAB In Application Programming (IAP) Mode by set Switch SW1 and jumper J1 J3 and J9 as shown in the picture.
It is not necessary to change J4 or remove the jumper for LED2 at all. Jumpers for LED1 and LED3 just allow those LEDs (1 & 3) to flash showing active TX/RX communication between the host PC and the target.
Do not forget to press the RESET button after configuring all the jumpers and switches.
Test if the FiO board is connected by typing request_productinfo('usb','name')
- If the board is connected and detected, the answer is FiO Std
- If the board is not detected, the folowing error will show.
Watch the video
Watch the following video for testing FiO board connection.