Waijung 2 (ESP32 Target)
About Waijung 2Waijung 21 is Aimagin's 2nd generation Simulink blockset. Waijung 2 blockset currently supports ESP32 microcontrollers by Espressif and is currently available free of charges for evaluation purpuose only. Waijung 2 can be used to develop programs for ESP32 using Matlab Simulink environment.
What are the benefits?
In simple words:"Develop and test more advanced and reliable algorithms,faster and easier."
These benefits are mainly due to the followings.
- Advanced algorithms for ESP32 can be developed by taking advantages of built-in Matlab / Simulink tools, ranging from signal processing, image processing, control system, finite state machine modelling (Stateflow), without writing a single line of C code. Waijung 2 does the hard works of generating the C code, compile and download to ESP32.
- Matlab / Simulink environment offers simulation and visualization capability that greatly facilitate interactive algorithm performance evaluation and tuning.
Why Waijung 2?Internet of Things (IoT) is undeniably a very hot topic nowsaday. However, from developers' perspective, IoT has placed significant challenges to embedded engineers like never before. To develop IoT devices and systems, a multi displinary team is now needed.
1. Embedded/electronics engineers to develop firmware and hardware.
2. Web app developers to work on web applications, for both the server (backend) or client (frontend).
3. An IT infrastructure engineer to setup, secure servers and networking.
4. Not to mention Android as well as iPhone apps developers.
More importantly, at Aimagin, we think that real industrial-grade IoT is more than distributed dump sensor nodes with accompanied nice-looking onlilne dashboards.
In our opinion, IoT is a system comprising distributed intelligence sensor and actuator nodes, with robust digital signal processing or control algorithms, that can still function perfectly even when network is down, fueled with advanced online (big) data analytic tools, ready for machine learning or deep learning stuff, with beautiful and informative visualizations.
Even so, we also think that IoT technology can benefit stand-alone embedded system development. What if we can develop an embedded device, without buttons or a display screen, that can be configured and operated just like a WIFI access point; i.e. connect to the device via WIFI, open up a responsive web app to configure and operate it from any devices Desktop, Android, or iPhone. Thinking about minimizing mobile app development and maintenance costs here?
Waijung 2 is a part of our complete solution that we envision and are building at Aimagin.
1. Waijung 2 is Aimagin's
- IoT embedded system development platform,
- based on model-based design and code generation technologies, that allows for
- advanced digital signal processing or control algorithms and firmware to be developed for embedded devices.
2. Aimagin Analytics is our (big) data analytic solution that
- cover a complete data analytics pipeline from ETL automation, data processing, and visualization. It may be thought of as a combination of
- online spread sheet application
- with the ability to perform any online computation with Python
- that supports data storage and queries in temporal On-Line Transactional Processing (OLTP) and true column-oriented On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP) databases.
3. Aimagin Connect is our drag and drop web application development platform that can
- Ubuntu + Node.js servers as well as
- embedded device whose firmware was developed with Waijung 2.
What is special about Waijung 2?Waijung 2 has been re-designed from the ground up. It is much more powerful than Waijung 1. The followings list a few Waijung 2 key features:
- Support FreeRTOS Support GNU GCC cross compiler
- Support dual cores ESP32 configuration (for time-critical task scheduling)
- Support standard ESP32 peripherals e.g. ADC, DAC, CAN, UART, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Support SQLite3 database running in ESP32
- Support blocks for image acquisition to and processing in Simulink, allowing image processing algorithms to be developed in Simulink and deployed in ESP32
- Support automatic code generation and flash to target Support blocks for web server in AP and Station modes
- Support for SD Card interface
- Support Over-The-Air firmware upgrade
- Support high speed wifi for wireless hardware-in-the-loop testing
Copyright (c) 2020, Aimagin Co.,Ltd.
All rights reserved.
Use of the software in binary forms without modification are permitted for evaluation purpose only.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
1 "Waijung" is a Thai word meaning " so fast ". This term was coined since our introduction of Waijung 1 in 2010, because it vividly and accurately captures the benefits of using Model-based design and Embedded code generation technologies.